I am Level 3 qualified in Adapting Exercise for Post Natal and Ante Natal clients and this is an area I am really passionate about. I have a Women’s Fitness Specialist Certification (NASM 2020) and I’m currently working towards my GGS Women’s Coaching Specialist Certification and my Pregnancy and Postpartum Corrective Exercises Specialism through Dr Sarah Duvall, so that I can fully support all women at all stages of life.
There are several advantages to moderate and controlled exercise during pregnancy (if you aren’t feeling too sick or too tired) including;
- easing back pain,
- improving posture,
- controlling of excess weight gain,
- enhancing psychological well-being,
- improving sleep patterns,
- decreasing feelings of stress and anxiety,
- maintaining cardio & muscular fitness,
- and speeding up postnatal recovery.
If you would like to discuss exercising confidently through your pregnancy get in touch.
As a new mother, it’s not always easy to find time for yourself but when you do, the main aims of your initial postpartum exercise regime should be to;
- re-tone the pelvic floor to reduce risk of stress incontinence,
- re-tone abdominal muscles to increase strength and enable them to support the spine,
- correct / regain good posture,
- enhance self confidence.
If you would like to discuss training post pregnancy do get in touch.